Sunday, April 10, 2016

MCQUEEN, New York, MINERAL CC CUSHION COVER REVIEW, does it worth the try???

Hey guys, another review is here, it is the Mcqueen cushion. I’ve never been a fan of cushion foundation. I tried the Etude House summer cushion once; it was definitely the reason why I am kind of turned off with cushion foundation. But since this cushion was on sale, the price comes with a refill as well. So I want to give cushion foundation another try. It was on sale on Koreadepart.com and it has pretty good review as well.  This cushion has colors: 21 and 23 (just like most of Korean foundation, nth fancy here).

This cushion claims to:
Express smooth and elastic skin texture as it offers brightening, moisturizing, and clearness effect deep into the skin.
★Keep the skin tone bright without darkening by it's high sun block properties while preventing it from other sun ray damages.
★Offer cooling effect due to it's bamboo sap content while the green tea and chamomile soothes the skin.
★CC Color Control System : create natural skin tone depending on the temperature of the skin.
★Strong coverage with high adhesive power  while controlling blemishes.

The main ingredient of this cushion are Mineral Water; Plant Extracts (Bamboo Sap, Centella Asiatica, Chamomile Flower, Licorice, Green Tea, Rosemary Leaf, and Aloe Vera Leaf)

My first impression of this cushion is its sleek package design, it is very simple yet sophisticated. It comes with a refill and a sponge, all in the same pink box. The box itself is bright pink; the design is very catchy with the brand name engraved in silver. The case is white with silver design. The sponge is quite thick compare to Etude House Cushion sponge; it seems to me more like a powder sponge. I don’t really the sponge so I use the etude house sponge in stead.



Honestly the application is hard for me with dry skin and large pore. Though it has very high coverage, it does accentuate my flaky spot. I guess if you use a good primer, it might help. But I don’t have one. I normally use only the moisturizing base, it didn’t really help much. Because of its high coverage, I don't need to use concealer at all I usually apply it all over my face and my neck and set it with Innisfree mineral powder or Skin Food translucent powder. It lasts half a day (about 5 h in humid weather) and I have to retouch my face with face mist and some setting powder. At the end of the day, my face does get cakey a little bit and my pores are very visible. The flaky spots don’t really matter anymore since my face was soaked in oil (in the afternoon my face tends to get oily super fast).

This is my bare face. I have dark circle, large pores,
mild acne and some acne scare. It doesn't really show in the picture but irl, eww.
I applied cushion on left side of my face.
as you can see the left side of my face is brighter, this cushion did a good job on cover up my redness and acne scare.

My full makeup. as you can see that it doesn't cover large pore like very well, it definitely suits people with smaller pore better.

full makeup under the rain light.



I now have finished the first cushion and I am on the refill. Hopefully, I will finish it faster. I don’t like using it but I don’t want to just throw stuffs away either. I will try my best to finish it.

Conclusion:


-          Do I recommend it? Well, yes, if you don't have large pore and dry skin. And no for those who has large pore (i mean super large pore) but if you want to give it a try, okay, since it is pretty cheap.
-          Will I repurchase it? No, just no for cushion foundation.
k    Here's some final thought, I honestly don't think cushion is suitable for acne prone skin since we keep on pressing the product from the sponge direct, that way the bacteria on our face will transfer to the cushion and we will keep reapply to our face again and again which is a really bad idea for acne. 
-          How many stars do I give? 3 stars or maybe 4 stars if I had a good primer.









No comments:

Post a Comment